26 Feb 2010

It has been a hectic week indeed, not just because of Oweek.

So Monday, I went to the CCF stall at uni. As soon as I got there, I put my stuff down, got a few folders and went off to the mainwalk to do some snatching. An hour or two later, I went back to the stall, and the people manning the stall were the same two. It's a different feeling to what it was like 3-4 years ago for sure. There's nothing wrong with it, but I'm sure the older CCFers will get what I mean. I prayed for us pretty much straight away. But there's a point of thanksgiving and that is for the faithfulness of the members, and it's such a blessing.

I got told off, for prioritising worship team practise over youthgroup planning. My defense was, first in first serve, worship team practise was confirmed first therefore that trumps. Which is true, because the planning was only confirmed the night before. But I realised it was just an excuse. The honest confrontation really hit me, that my attitude really needs to be changed in the sense that I didn't even try to compromise my time at all. It clashed, and I left it. There could've been some attempts to negotiate times between the two events. Sorry, you're right. Because the next day I was late to fellowship. At 7:50pm I was already looking at my watch, but because we were chatting so happily and we were still eating, I just left it. In the end we got there at 8:45pm. What's wrong with me...

Wednesday, I found the iPod that I lost on Tuesday. It's so miraculous. It really pays to go that extra mile serving your brothers and sisters.

Last night I had an awesome chat with a very good brother of mine, but we're both busy people so we haven't caught up like that for probably over a year. Actually, that's an excuse because time can always be made to catch up with people. Anyway. I'm so inspired. You said that you hope your struggles can work as a reminder and a blessing so other people can benefit from it. I've already benefitted from your attitude in trying to overcome it. I think it's pretty cool, that there's so much trust in there, and we hold each other accountable. I pray that you will have the strength to do what God has called for.

My favourite Bible passage of the week. It's the 7am Quiet Time material for Wednesday:

"Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people." What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the LORD our God is near us whenever we pray to him? And what other nation is so great as to have such righteous decrees and laws as this body of laws I am setting before you today?

One more thing, my friend, yes, you, saw Minerva in London. I am SO jealous. There were also messages written to Minerva. If I had the chance of writing to Minerva, I'd praise and learn from her.
Point for thanksgiving, I was able to make my train today, for the first time in 2010.

0 comments: