Would I die without my phone?

Around 11 months ago, a revolutionary 800mhz pda phone was born. The Asus p565. Fastest cpu on any mobile phones.



I thought it was such a cool phone that I'll never be sick of, so I bought it outright.

I've never been so dependent on mobile phones before. That phone stored all my memories in photos, videos and messages. But most importantly, it was my brain. I no longer had to calculate anything, remember meeting/outing dates and event details (because I can go online and check my emails). I was no longer bored at any given time. The stylus gave me never experienced before speed in texting. There's a billion apps I could install on it, free.

One day, I left my phone at church. My life ended, I felt so insecure. I didn't know where I was supposed to be at any given time. Had I missed a meeting already?

The first opportunity I had, I fetched my phone back. But the same night I left it at a friend's house again. 2 days without my phone. I almost died.

A couple of months later, I was bored of the phone.

Newer smart phones came out. The N97. The HTC HD2 will be coming out. HTC Leo. Nokia X6. Countless ones.

But no, I succumbed into the temptations of the iPhone 3Gs. A phone that was slower, weaker, less flexible and had a much worse battery life than my old phone. But it had the advantage of communication. Ping. For this, I went on a contract, yes, 2 years.


I bought that 2 weeks or so ago. Am I bored/frustrated with the phone already? Yes.

But I would still die without my phone.

So I bought a 2nd simcard for my old phone. I now have 2 phones which I use simultaneously. But how long will it quench my boredom?

Ezekiel 18:17 "takes no usury or excessive interest". Oh such concept is so foreign to me!

0 comments: