Non-Widescreen Monitors


A customer asked me about why we don't sell non-widescreen monitors in the consumer range anymore, because he MUST get a standard sized Dell monitor. Okay...? I told them that with today's multimedia demand in the consumer market, nobody wants standard 4:3 sized screens anymore. He yelled at me saying pretty much that I was a fag for not catering for every market demand.

This was his argument:
Standard 20": 16.08" x 12.06" = 258.5664 sq"
WS 20": 17.4" x 9.8" = 170.52 sq"
That's a 34% reduction in total useful screenage.
I used to be like that, that's why my 19" monitor is 4:3 rather than 16:9, when all my friends who bought monitors at the same time as me bought the widescreen one, I kept thinking I was better because I had a MUCH bigger screen.

Well weren't we all fags at one stage or another, not moving on with society, just like hardcore gamers who still only insist on using CRTs because LCDs/LEDs don't show "true" colours.

If only we had the same stubborness on the Truth. Society keeps having newer ideas which seemingly trumps the concepts talked about in the Bible, and our values seem to be barbaric. Like how we think people were created to be heterosexual, and others call us discriminatory. But when you really look at all the evidence and calculate for yourself, you'll see which idea is better, the old or the new?

0 comments: