Daniel 7:11-14 - King of the Universe

I never really understood for real how God rules as King. If you think back to all the good kings in history, for example all the 1st-2nd kings of each Chinese Dynasty, they rule well in general, and all the peasants love them for they are indirectly benefited.


But we expect God's kingly rule to affect us directly all the time. Like controlling my path directly, and giving me things I want directly.

I thought of Bruce Almighty. He can't just say "yes" every single time. Well He can, but look what happened.

Every time you see nature at its best, that is evidence of God's reign. Even when you look at withering plants, you still see the life that was once there. But we don't seem to link that with his Kingship, because we select what we believe fits the image of a good king.

If God is in charge, right, then we don't really have to be. And I don't know whether it's a habit, because I'm the decision maker a lot of the times, I think deep down I don't really want that. I want to make decisions and God fulfills it for me.

Hm... "Everyone - race, color, and creed - had to serve him". Looks like I've reversed the role, again.

0 comments: