Habakkuk 1:12-17 - Speaking our minds and hearts

As I did devotion on this passage on the train, I thought to myself... how often do I pray as if I were just talking to myself? So it seems like I'm really open and everything, but really, I see it the same as thinking my thoughts through in my mind.

But then when I pray in my room out loud, it feels more like it. And I'm not speaking everything. I speak as if I want to say everything "biblically correct", my hopes and dreams are all ambitious and sucker-upperer style.

How scary is it for a private person... to know that God reads you much more than psychologists can. The other day when I was playing cranium with a group of people, most of them I didn't know, and someone who studied psychology kept reading me to see whether I was bluffing or not. Maybe I'm just a crap liar, but it did cause discomfort.

0 comments: