30 Nov 2009

Just came back refreshed from a Leadership Training Retreat.

Before that, I was already sick, and through the camp it didn't get better. But that's okay.

We first went to Questacon. It's been so long since I got to do something so fun without the responsibility to have to "hang" with people. The first time when it's so relaxing. As in, when we go out these days, even when we go to the beach, we ride the waves and chat and things like that. Whereas in Questacon the pace was much slower. Maybe it's just me going slower but.

Diana taught us heaps. I guess I lack the focus on my own character as a leader, and I always focus on how to equip myself through skills. Missed the most important mark where a leader is a servant. Ministry is also not something to fill up the spare chunks of time spare in our lives. It's a good wakeup call as well, to all my weaknesses.

But other than the info style learning, I also learnt through people. So many people were offering me water because I was sick. Everyone was stopping me from eating junk that would make it worse.

You also thanked every leader for all that we're doing. I always took you for granted as well, just like many others. I guess it's like you were the manna sent from God, at first I was so excited. Then I wanted more, and I'm complaining saying that it used to be better, like when we were in Egypt.

I'm sorry.

0 comments: