Isaiah 61:1-11 - Rescue and Release

I find that I have problems reading passages like this one, whenever there's verses relating to calling etc, I always think that it only applies to the author. For example, v2 "He sent me to preach good news to the poor, heal the heartbroken", I read it in the perspective of Isaiah. But I've never considered that it could also apply to me.


I'm not someone who particularly cares about the poor or the heartbroken, in fact I'm leaning more towards being classified with the ignorant trait.

But ultimately, no matter what avenue of serving we're called to do, the goal is to tell people of the rescue plan. So in the end it's all the same, as long as we have joy in God not joy in the rewards from serving, then we'll never burn out.

1 comments:

Angola said...

Why is it not daily?