Isaiah 6:1-8 - Burning Off Sin

This is one of my absolute favourite parts of the Bible, especially when Isaiah has a totally different attitude at the end in verse 8.


There's a lot of different areas of our body that need the burning experience... such as my eyes, my brain for telling my body to be lazy, my body, my hands. Those are the main one, but in general if God desires for my entire self to be burnt then that's better in the long run for me. It's a scary thought though, whenever we pray for change, we don't realise how scary it is. Because God really does answer prayers. It's like praying about impatience, God WILL burn it off harshly by putting different things in your path... I won't say "don't go down that path" because it's a good path. I'm still walking mine, I don't enjoy it as much as I thought though I can tell you that. But we can set our eyes onto the goal. The image of Christ.

0 comments: