Ecclesiastes 9:7-10 - Do all to the glory of God

The author implies that God has as much fun as we do when we're having a good time. I've never thought of Him that way. The basics of Christianity seems to be "sin" and how God's really hurt to see what we're doing, so we have to be good etc etc. It hurt Him so much that Jesus had to die for us to be saved. Well it seems that God has a great time watching over us too.


It's like when a grown-up plays with a baby. We say to the baby "yes do all you want to have fun!", because all we want to see is the baby's pure laughter. I remember my baby niece was playing with mandarins, and I showed her how I can juggle 3 at a time. She also tried to do what I was doing, but basically the mandarins will just fall right after she throws them. My niece was only 1 years old. Imagine a 5yr old child throwing fruit around, I can already visualise an angry mob of relatives scolding him/her and making him/her clean up the mess. But with babies, we don't really care, because we can see how much fun they're having. In the end, I had to keep picking up the mandarins for her to throw, I think it went on for about half an hour and I was just constantly running around picking up mandarins and giving them back to her. Guess who did the cleaning up as well? But I didn't feel annoyed at all! I was actually having as much fun, or more fun, than my niece because she was laughing her head off.

My baby nephew had a similar story. He wasn't even 1 yrs old at the time. We were at the bistro of a classy hotel, everyone was dressed nicely, the ambiance was quite and the waiters were polite. Then there we where in the corner, with a baby banging chopsticks on the china bowls and plates. My nephew was clearing having a ball, he was screaming at the top of his lungs with excitement, obviously happy with the percussion music he was making. The waiter looked over and eyed us... I smiled back at him genuinely and he saw that I was enjoying the music as well. He didn't really stop him and walked away, the other customers raised their tolerance levels as well for my nephew. Can you just visualise yourself doing that in a hotel? I think they'd be calling security right away.

It's like that with God I guess. We're His lamb. Exclusive to Him only, just like how my nephews and nieces are exclusively my relatives and not yours. I love seeing them have fun, and they might be doing really stupid things, but it makes me happy none the less.

Therefore, seize life! Take a walk around the hood and notice all the beautiful creation... we often deprive ourselves with spending extra time just to enjoy ourselves, because we think it's just a waste of time and a stupid thing to do. But God has fun when we do.

0 comments: