26 May 2009

Hm... The past 7 days. It hasn't been a bad week, because last week was my only week at uni that I didn't have any assignments or exams due. It's such a rare thing indeed, even though I just did a French finals yesterday. I also made a very important and large decision as I've shared in my general bloggings. So I'll share about other things.


Our band played for worship at church last Sunday. During practices we thought we were pretty okay, but on the day, we had no time to warm up before the service because setting up took ages. So when we played, the first song was a but iffy, but still acceptable. But when we go to the SECOND song, oh it was so horrible... all the guitars were not tuned to each other as we finally realised, and they were strumming differently. I can hear the drums simple down so the timing won't sound as clashy, the keyboard and I (on the bass) resorted into only playing on the first beat... but it still sounded horrible. The singers were also horrible because the guitars were playing in different keys! Everyone was feeling totally down after the second song, when the 3rd song and the 4th song came, I thought we redeemed ourselves, but it still wasn't good. It was just acceptable, decent.

After service, KS and our youth pastor came over and told us it was the BEST worship we've led to date. That was a little weird. These two people have really good ears. KS is a pro violinist and singer, and our youth pastor's ear is so sensitive to bad music that he can't even listen to FM Radio due to the bad quality. We told them about we thought our second song was horrible, but they didnt' seem to notice. God must've been blocking all their ears! From the audience, apparently we had awesome atmosphere and that everyone was worshipping wholeheartedly. It was such comfort to hear that. Thanks God. I finally truly see why it's only the heart to worshipping that matters!

0 comments: